5 things People should know about Global Ageing
1. On a global scale, less than 1 in 5 people over 60 receives a pension.
2. From all babies born in 2012, 33% will reach the age of 100 years worldwide.
3. Less than 1% of humanitarian aid was targeted at older people in 2011.
4. In Africa alone 12 million aids orphans are being raised by their grandmothers.
5. The Pension & Development Network is currently helping to set up pension systems in five countries including Sri Lanka, Kenya and the Philippines.
Think big, do good, and reach out! Support WorldGranny to win the Accenture Innovation Awards 2012.