2012 Press Review
Great media coverage for the World Entrepreneurship Forum 2012
135 articles published in 30 countries so far
Read our selection of quotes from the international press here
Find below a selection of reports to read or listen to.
- Bruna Maria Martins Fontes, from PEGN – Editora Globo, Brazil's best-selling magazine for entrepreneurs, covered the Forum and wrote one article focused on the speakers and targets of the Forum (click here) and another highlighting the 2012 Entrepreneurs for the World Awardees (click here).
- Le Devoir: Eric Desrosiers focused on the development of “Crowd Funding” in the US and interviewed the specialist David Drake, speaker at the Forum (click here) He also wrote a piece on Aude de Thuin “Women Entrepreneur of the Year 2012” and Kah Wallah “Director of Strategies! & Candidate to the Presidential Election in Cameroon”, click here. His article on Start-Up Chile’s project to attract foreign entrepreneurs is readable here
- Les Affaires: Marie-Claude Morin interviewed Mo Ibrahim, “Entrepreneur of the Year 2012” on good governance and the responsibility of developed countries in the spread of corruption in some African countries (click here)
- Fondation de l’Entrepreneuriat « Entrepreneurship education is not about entrepreneurship but about change-makers»writes Rina Marchandin her blog ( click here)
- Beijing Haidian Wanshou Lu Click here
- In the very famous Chinese Media Website www.qq.com, Professor Wu Xiaobo, co-president of the World Entrepreneurship Forum explains: “we share one dream at the Forum, to work together and instill a global spirit of entrepreneurship”. Click here to read more
- Qianjiang Evening News Click here
- The Forum portrayed as “the energy of the world” in the leading French daily newspaper Le Figaro. Click here to read Yann Le Galès‘ article
- Click here to read Mo Ibrahim’s success story in Libération by Flore Vasseur
- Les Echos focused on the thematic of this year’s forum: “entrepreneurial ecosystems”. Read Valérie Talmon’s article here
- In Les Petites Affiches Lyonnaises, Steven Dolbeau focused on the success of the 5th edition and the format of the think-tank sessions. Read here
- “An entrepreneurial ecosystem is the future roadmap” writes Tirna Ray in the Times of India focusing her article on the historic of the World Entrepreneurship Forum and its strength in bringing together people from all walks of life. Click here
- To read an article on Mooryati Soedibyo, Founder of Mustika Ratu, in Investor Daily click here. For the article on the 2012 Forum in Suara Karya Online, click here
- Digital News Asia portrays our member Nazrin Hassan’s testimony on the World Entrepreneurship Forum. Nazrin is the CEO of Cradle Fund (non-profit agency under Malaysia’s Ministry of Finance managing the Cradle Investment Fund). Click here
- To meet Pioneer Female Aviation Entrepreneur Sibongile Sambo, member of the Forum since its creation in 2008, click here and read the story in Pan-African Business Magazine Ventures Africa
- America Economia is the main information and analysis source in Spanish language focusing on Latin American markets. To read William Gourg’s article on our Awardees click here. To read the article focused on our speaker Nicola Shea from Start-Up Chile, click here
- The Daily News presents some projects of collaboration between members of the Forum from Sri Lanka, Rwanda and Chile. Click here to know more about it.
- Bolagsfakta presents here the works and entrepreneurial achievements of the City of Göteborg, whose Mayor Anneli Hultén and Head of Business Development Department Anna-Lena Johansson are members of the World Entrepreneurship Forum
- Bangkok Biz News introduces here the five 2012 “Entrepreneurs for the World Awardees”
- Monocle Radio 24. A report on the 2012 Forum is listenable here
- “Entrepreneurs must lead the drive for social justice in capitalism” explains Michel Coster in his article published in Real Business. Click here to know more.
- Read here the 24 pages Forbes survey “Starting And Growing a Business - The Entrepreneur's Global Guide”, filled out by the members of the World Entrepreneurship Forum. It is a round a world tour of entrepreneurial ecosystems highlighting, country per country, the 3 main factors that make it a good place to set up and run a business and the 3 main challenges still to overcome.
- “Entrepreneurs can turn the world around” writes David Drake on PRLog after attending the Forum, click here
- Steve Strauss, in USA Today, highlights Melissa Kushner’s story and also focuses and values one of the aims of the Forum: “using entrepreneurial strategies to solve societal problems”. Click here to read more.
- Click here for "Entrepreneurs: A Way to Change the World" in Huffington Post by Jeannie Javelosa